1211 Connecticut Avenue
Working collaboratively with the owner, Engenium Group identified multiple capital improvement projects to help address the serious temperature complaints experienced in the facility. A qualitative evaluation matrix cost estimate helped optimize renovation scope to include new boilers, new air handling units, conversion of constant volume to variable volume systems, and replacement of perimeter induction units. Project included; design of heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems including primary, central plant systems, and distribution systems.
- Conversion of pneumatic control system to electronic energy management system.
- Two (2) new 100% OA ventilation air handling units with total airflow of 55,000cfm.
- New 2-pipe, perimeter induction unit system with primary airflow control
- Variable volume chilled and heating hot water systems with optimized temperatures.
- Refurbished MEP systems serving renovated entry lobby and bathroom cores.
New LED lighting, dimmable controls, and daylighting sequences.
New variable volume primary pumping system with redundant 15 H.P. pumps.