1901 L St. NW
Engenium Group provided MEP services to develop the existing “B Class” commercial office building into a “Trophy Class” building, including addition of three new levels and all new exterior facades, MEP systems, roof terrace, elevators, lobby, streetscape, amenities and reconfigured central core and restrooms. The renovated building totals 261,500 SF (a 65,000 SF expansion).
1901 L Street is the first WELL(v1) building in DC certified by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
- New DOAS Air Handling Units with sensible and latent energy recovery, low-temperature discharge, and fan array supply and exhaust fans with independent variable frequency drives
- DOAS fan-powered terminal units with sensible only hydronic cooling, hydronic heating, and electronically commutated fan motors
- Centrifugal Chillers with low-temperature chilled water, magnetic levitation compressors, and variable capacity with low turndown
- Condensing Boilers with low design return temperatures for max efficiency
- Complete replacement of electrical distribution
- New 4,000 Amp service
- New 2,500 Amp bus duct riser
- New branch distribution panels
- LED lighting in common areas with programmable multizone dimming system
- Extend new domestic water distribution, sanitary waste, and vent piping to devices within the building core
- New domestic hot water heater as needed
- Demolition and replacement of existing base building plumbing systems
- Design and layout the storm water system including roof drains, and distribution within the building