Embassy of Spain
Project includes replacing the primary mechanical systems for the building to improve thermal comfort and reduce energy consumption. A mechanical and lighting study was completed and four options were developed to improve the performance of the HVAC system. Consideration was given to replacing the facade and providing operable windows for improved occupant control.
- One 300 ton forced draft cooling tower
- Two 140 ton water cooled centrifugal chillers
- Two 600 MBH condensing boilers serving the heating hot water system.
- Eight floor-based air handling units with supply / return fans, filtration, heating, and cooling coils.
- Electronic direct digital control system to replace pneumatic control system.
- Rebalast existing light fixtures to replace the T-12 lamps with T-5 for energy savings.
- New shading at facade to save energy and improve thermal comfort.